[talk-au] Historical rail lines

mick bareman at tpg.com.au
Mon Nov 26 04:21:06 GMT 2012

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:06:27 +1030
Alex Sims <alex at softgrow.com> wrote:

> On 26/11/2012 10:38 AM, mick wrote:
> > I'm in two minds about removing 'historical' data.
> >
> > Yes, objects no longer visible on the ground shouldn't be rendered on the map.
> I've been following this discussion with interest. We do mark and should
> mark administrative boundaries which are not visible on the ground. Can
> the logic for these boundaries which be usefully extended to historical
> data?
>
> Alex

I'd forgotten about "virtual Objects" like administrative boundaries. They are made visible by the objects and vectors that define them, eg. trees, buildings, hills, roads and watercourses.

Yes, Boundaries are essential and underlying historical objects that illustrate their logical basis should be available, even if the are not rendered.

mick