[talk-au] Gold Coast Highway

Ben Johnson tangararama at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 19:07:11 BST 2012

Hi Peter,

I noticed the same thing in parts of Sydney (people creating new ways for a bus route). You are right the bus route probably should be set up as a relation, comprising of existing ways so maybe contact the user who created them and ask if they object to you improving on their input by making it compliant with this -
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Public_transport

Last year I did some work in Forster NSW with bus stops, routes, and route master relations on existing ways based upon that document. End result here -
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-32.18936&lon=152.51765&zoom=15&layers=T

Note the Transport layer on osm.org ignores any defined route colours. All bus routes are simply rendered as red.

Looking forward to getting back up there again soon and checking out the progress on the new Gold Coast light rail project.

BJ