[talk-au] 4wd_only Tag - is it the right choice ?

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Sun Oct 28 02:22:55 GMT 2012

You point out the problem with this:

tracktype is ignored on everything except highway=track

You would have to modify this in the rendering anyway.

As 4wd_only can apply to any highway= tag it is more appropriate.

 From memory this was part of the original discussion when 4wd_only was
proposed.

Additionally my feeling is that because it's not rendered it's not used
and Australian understanding of 4WD is definitely different to the
European understanding.

Have a look through the original proposal on the wiki and also the
smoothness discussion

Cheers
Ross