[talk-au] Bing alignment accross tiles

Brett Russell brussell237 at live.com.au
Mon Sep 3 11:11:04 BST 2012

Hi

I have been gradually mapping an area that I had planned a bushwalk in.  On Thursday to Saturday this week had a chance to walk the area using OSM maps on a Garmin 62S.  The results were very impressive and it was a nice feeling walking between a lake and a pond that I had traced in.  Also took a few marker to align the Bing photographs.  Now that is where the fun starts.  Bing on Polatch 2 seems to assume that it is all one big sheet to move around but in real life some Bing is very well aligned in some places and other not so much.  Due to difference in photos I can pick a boundary between two photographic tiles.  A lake spans both so if I align the lake to one it is wrong on the other.  I cut the lake in half and positioned each half correctly and then rejoined the lake.  Is this the correct approach?

Cheers Brett