[talk-au] Few questions about tagging ways in Australia

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 03:35:02 BST 2012

John wrote  "Turn off the "snap to road" feature to avoid copying the
existing map."

Absolutely.

On some of the older Garmin Nuvi's if you had the snap to road option on
then the track log would still be the actual gps readings, but on my newest
one the track log also snaps to the road .
Unfortunately I can't find out how to turn off "snap to road"  (Garmin
3590lmt) so I'm now using a dedicated data logger. (I-O-Data.)  It's in
Japanese but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon :-)

Nick