[talk-au] suburb boundaries

Ken Self kenself at optusnet.com.au
Thu Sep 20 01:33:21 BST 2012

Unfortunately I've found that the ABS data that the data is not as good as
it ought to be. Many nodes that should be shared are not coincident and in
many cases a vertex node for one boundary has no corresponding node on the
"straight through" boundary. And in some cases the vertex node is not quite
on the adjacent way or the ways cross over.

I'm finding that as often as not I have to "join node to way" rather than
"merge nodes" to resolve the boundary intersection

Ken