[talk-au] Using multipolygon to create large lake

Brett Russell brussell237 at live.com.au
Tue Apr 23 08:57:52 UTC 2013

Hi Michael

Much appreciated.  I found though the lake was not rendered but then refreshing and zooming in and out it did come up so the rendering is a little suspect, might be due to Telstra's 3G network issues or the use of Firefox.

It appears once again I have fallen foul of Polatch 2 limitations as the relationship editor brings up a very basic menu as what you describe on the relationship attributes does not appear.  Frustratingly it shows the lake option but when you select the drop down box it is not an option so once again Polatch 2 crashes and burns as it does with adding peaks forcing the use of the advanced option, which by the looks of it does not exist for relationships.

Ok looks like I need to transition to JOSM.  Err, how do you even move around it?  I once attempted to use it but found it about as friendly as a dog with rabies.  O'well yet another piece of software to learn that has its own unique ways of doing simple things like moving around the screen!  Might be a good time to find the bottle of scotch and head to bed.

But anyway thanks for the help, muchly appreciated along with the hints.  And yes I do need to use JOSM as my editor but not tonight as my head hurts.

Cheers Brett