[talk-au] Gordon Lake - Multipolygon relations - I just do not understand

Brett Russell brussell237 at live.com.au
Mon Aug 5 13:15:49 UTC 2013

Hi Steve

Thanks for that information.  Gradually getting the hang of them on the simple examples but when I struck Lake Gordon wonder what on earth the "incomplete [id 31755640]" meant.  It looks like an error message but as you commented earlier the lake is rendering as it should.  Do notice that in JOSM the lake does not render correctly once I split a way and then refine it probably due to the size of the lake exceeding the downloadable segment.

Due to the size of the Lake I am splitting sections out and tracing them in with more nodes and then reconnecting them.     The delay in tile render can make this a bit challenging to check but looks like based on your notes that I am doing the right thing.

And finally mastering getting maps on my Garmin with contours and rendered like mapnik.  Thanks to a fellow list member I now can update the Australia pbf file and also extract contours for any part of the globe that has them.  Typviewer means I can create or "steal" icons.  Gradually figuring out the style sheet plus a few Garmin idiosyncrasies that mean things like resolution levels do not work past a certain pre-set Garmin point.

Next step will be implementing sac_scale for walking tracks and revisiting the unpaved road issue.  Plus seeing if I can liberate the higher 1 second contour line scans that were down as part of the SRTM contours for Australia.

Cheers Brett