[talk-au] Duplicate nodes

Brett Russell brussell237 at live.com.au
Tue Aug 13 03:56:47 UTC 2013

Hi

Today the OSM sever went down half way through an upload from JOSM. Anyway they soon got it back but strange things happened before my latest changes uploaded.  So I thought I would check out the upload in Polatch 2.

Polatch 2 in the edit mode showed bright nodes on some lakes.  A move of the lakes revealed more than a few had duplicate nodes but no connected ways.  After some work I eliminated the duplicate nodes but had to use Polatch to find them as in Polatch they were very bright.

Is there a way in JOSM to identify duplicate nodes. Before I put in the 1999 upload limit in JOSM it would fall over with multiple uploads.  It would be great to identify such issues and fix them.

Cheers
Brett Russell
PO Box 94
Launceston Tas. 7250