[talk-au] Incorporating public information into OSM - Legal situation

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 22:32:57 UTC 2013

CC-BY-A is fine to my knowledge - you can fulfill the attribution
requirements with an appropriate attribution in the wiki.
See:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#Australian_government_public_information_datasets
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines#Make_sure_data_license_is_OK

I'd go back and go one further and ensure we have explicit permission (ie:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attribution/data.gov.au_explicit_permission),
which seems likely to be granted, and then knock yourself out :)