[talk-au] Incorporating public information into OSM - Legal situation

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Tue Aug 20 08:29:18 UTC 2013

Did they confirm with Geoscience that the "Creative Commons Attribution
3.0 Australia" is compatible with ODBL?

This is one of the reservations that some of us had with changing to ODBL.

Also you will find it's not that easy.  It takes a significant amount of
time and effort to include this data from the downloaded shapefiles.
They can not just be imported to osm.

Cheers
Ross