[talk-au] Canberra bus stop numbers

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Mon Aug 26 20:43:46 UTC 2013

On 24/08/13 18:43, Chik Foo wrote:
> I'm fairly active in Canberra.
>
>> It's time to put those bus stops onto OSM, along with the stop
>> number
> as a ref=* tag.
>
> I'm guessing ACTION will place these stop number information in the
> google_transit.zip file from
> http://www.action.act.gov.au/timetables_and_maps/transit_for_google_maps

Well found.

Yes there's a stops.txt file in the download, which has the stop numbers
along with a brief description and the coordinates of each.

Rather takes the fun out of mapping.

> Just in case that makes it easy for someone. I haven't looked into
> the licensing requirements for importing this data directly.

Very important!  I'll be massaging that data into a gpx file for my own
interest.  Then it displays readily on my Garmin GPS units, and in
QLandkartGT.

John H