[talk-au] Adding residential properties?

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Thu Dec 5 10:07:02 UTC 2013

I'd suggest you read these wiki pages:



My personal opinion is that the address should be on a separate node at 
the entrance to the property. This is preferred for disability access 

It also takes into consideration that the address is unlikely to change 
but the building or landuse may.


On 05/12/13 19:34, Will Rouesnel wrote:
> A simple example starting with my own house - how should residential
> buildings be tagged?
> The block they sit on is more of a land use concern, but the specific
> buildings don't occupy the entire block - and seem like they should be
> tagged "house".
> Is this a correct way to go about things? The goal here would be to get
> my local area updated with street numbers so generated addresses can
> provide navigation to specific locations.
> Would it be correct to trace the outline of the blocks, and label them
> with the address and tag the land as "residential" use? Would this be
> likely to accomplish the overall goal (provide street numbers for my area)?
> _______________________________________________
> Talk-au mailing list
> Talk-au at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-au

More information about the Talk-au mailing list