[talk-au] JOSM and losing Bing Hi Res zoom recently

Alex Sims alex at softgrow.com
Fri Dec 6 06:25:00 UTC 2013

It looks as though this is a temporary glitch

By the answer dated Sunday 2 December 2013

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/live/en-US/8e2af97a-f5e5-4ae0-acec-562db7e134d0/why-is-it-that-the-bing-map-control-has-a-much-lower-resolution-than-the-website?forum=bingmapswindows8

Q: Why is it that the Bing Map control has a much lower resolution than
the Website?

A: They should be the same resolution. It's possible that you might have
a different imagery set turned on aerial/birdseye. It's also possible
that new imagery is being tested on the bing site and hasn't yet be
released to the API.

Alex