[talk-au] Adding residential properties?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 09:41:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 8:31 AM, Daniel O'Connor <daniel.oconnor at gmail.com>wrote:

> I started out with buildings, but got a bit excited in my local area;
> getting down into trees, power lines, fences, driveways etc.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/-34.84928/138.52277
>
> Not super pretty looking.

Hi guys,
  Personally I'm not that into micromapping, but could I make the
suggestion that you use (additional) tags to make it easy to filter this
stuff out? It makes it hard to render a reasonable map if there's no
distinction between, say:
* relevant public buildings, vs private houses  (use building=house sounds
good)
* walking paths through parks, vs ordinary footpaths (use sidewalk=yes?)
* public or semi-public tennis courts (eg at a sporting facility, vs
private tennis courts in backyards (access=private?)
* similarly for swimming pools

Steve