[talk-au] Sydney: Epping M2 + Devlins Creek - bridge + levels

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 01:07:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

I though I changed this ..

Where Devlins Creek goes under the M2

The creek is at  'gound level' - as are the path to the east and the
'cycleway' (actually cycle + foot + emergency vehicles)  to the west.
The M2 is on a small bridge at that point .. you may not see it from the
M2 .. but it is obvious from the creek..

1) I had inserted a bridge there, and set the levels .. I though
correctly... any hints on how to ensure I don't 'break' the M2 when
including a bridge? I simply use the JOSM function  'split way at
selected node' - to seperate a section (actuall 3 - separte at that
point) and then tag that section(s)  bridge, level 1 ... and leave it at
that ? Is that correct? Or do I need to do more. Humm maybe I lets one
of the orad sections off taging the bridge/levels? But before I try
again I'll throw it over for comments?

2) the 'cycleway' ... how to best set that to reflect
foot+cycle+emergency vehicles (there are gates at either end to ensure
traffic does not use this (and yes they are there now ... it is flood
prone too just to add to the fun :)