[talk-au] QLD GTFS Data Imports

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 02:14:15 UTC 2013

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1RH - JOSM tells me there's 8,000+

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1RI

>  If the ratio of stops to route relations is low enough then it would be
> grounds for removing all stops and adding them back into the route
> relations once the import was complete.  Here is one of my local routes
> with stops associated to it: http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3316448 (The
> stops would be removed from that route if my suggestion was adopted)
>
> I suspect that might be more damaging than not.

Perhaps the best steps might be to try a tool like go-sync, or something
that can example the GTFS data and find existing bus stops by lat/long.

We'd want a few reports - OSM bus stops that aren't matched to a gtfs stop
(manual deletion candidates), new gtfs stops, and of course, the ones that
are a quick/simple match.

Let's start a write up and take it to the imports list for further advice.