[talk-au] QLD GTFS Data Imports

Jason Ward jasonjward5 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 03:23:27 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,

Wow that is a lot.  I looked at
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=qroti#keys and was considering
these as candidates for removal and replacement with the new gtfs data /
positioning.

I presume nodes tagged without these key:value tags would come under the
standard duplication checks you've described.  That said I expect that the
qroti tagged nodes could also be handled in the same way with an extra step
for this dataset to remove those key:value tags as a post process step (OR
as a pre-process step if that is more appropriate).

Importantly, we'd need to update the qroti wiki page ( with information
about this import and the actions taken to remove this information).

I've just signed up to the import list too.

Re: Go-Sync I note that one of the assumptions that software operates under
is "that few bus stops have already been mapped in OSM for the city served
by the agency" with a bolded section directly under that assumption in the
Wiki noting "*GO_Sync should not be used in areas where the local OSM
mapping community has already mapped a substantial number of the agency's
bus stops."*

Cheers,

Jason