[talk-au] Murchison - Square Kilometer Telescope not showing on Garmin maps

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 00:17:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've noted that some (if not all) of the Australian  Square Kilometer
Telescope north east of Murchison WA is entered (and has been for some
time) in OSM  but it does not show up on my Garmin maps.

26.7S 116.7E
entries are
key man_made value radio telescope
key website value http://www.atnf.csiro.au/projects/askap/
key name value Burara (etc - some 36 so far .. many more to come)
etc.

as the value "radio telescope" does not look to be official yet .. would
a value of "tower" suit - and edit the names to inculse a prefix of
"radio telescope" followed by the present name be an aproach that would
see these things actually apear on the maps?

What of Parks? Naribri? .. humm looking .. Ok Parks is a "tower" .. humm
some of the other details .. well yes ok ..

So it looks to me as if a value of "tower" would be best .. then add a
prefix to the name

tower:type .. ? umm radio telescope ? - Parks is listed as "communication"

Any other thoughts?