[talk-au] Murchison - Square Kilometer Telescope not showing on Garmin maps

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Tue Dec 31 05:00:10 UTC 2013

Yep, as Jason says, its all there under -

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Observatory

Looks to me like Bass drove it initially but just lost steam. Don't
blame him, I did the same when I wanted to get a better definition of
4x4 tracks.

However, the SquareKilometer is just about the biggest bit of science
around these days, even the slightly dumbed down version happening in
Oz. So, maybe we should take the lead and try and get the Observatory
tag up for a vote ?  There would be easily enough people on this mailing
list to carry it.

Alternatively, just observe the suggested tagging. Sigh....

Warin, you do realise that getting the tag successfully voted on does
not mean it will suddenly appear on maps all over the place, don't you ?

Thats a whole different process. Having a tag voted gives you a bit of
moral high ground, thats all.

David