[talk-au] Google copying from OSM maps

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Thu Feb 14 01:17:15 GMT 2013

I mapped some roads in the state forest I like to play in and noted they
were substantially wrong in Google at the time. Couple of months later,
four or five ? they were fixed in google. Vic forest maps still show
them incorrectly but of course that could be just old releases, maybe
the State data has been corrected and has flowed on to google ?

Very hard to establish cause and effect.

I guess we want to see all maps accurate ?

David