[talk-au] Export a route?

Michael James m.james at internode.on.net
Fri Feb 22 09:10:57 GMT 2013

On 22/02/13 18:53, David Clark wrote:
> Is there a way I can export a route as osm or gpx or kml from
> Openstreetmap.
>
> ie Mawson trail:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?relation=153983
>
> I just want the lines that are part of this relation and nothing else.

You can do this in josm very easily

1 Starting with no data you go to "Download from OSM"

2 Select an area that only contains a part of the trail and nothing
else, Click "Download"

3 Now select the section that has downloaded and the right side of the
screen under properties will show "Member Of" and the relation name

4 Click on the relation name and then the edit button that appears
underneath it

5 Down the bottom left of the windows that pops up is a button (second
one from the bottom to be precise) that when you mouse-over it it will
say "Download all incomplete members" click it and wait for the download
to complete

6 You now have the trail and nothing else in your dataset and can export
it in any format that josm supports