[talk-au] Coastline and beaches

Brett Russell brussell237 at live.com.au
Wed Jan 9 00:56:31 GMT 2013

Hi

I agree that it makes sense to have the coastline at low tide mark with a tidal zone area before the beach but accept that people's opinions on what is a beach differ.

I will stick with the approach that coastline is high water mark but as mentioned how you do this from Bing is hit and miss.

But linking the beach water side to the coastline is sensible IMHO.

Noticed in one beach a "junk" coastline segment along with random points left behind from the redaction so bit of cleaning up being done.

Good to see that OSM is recovering well from the redaction and would like to improve the quality of the work from my end.  But the update by the view server is rather crash prone at the moment and the bicycle one is as slow as ever.

Oh, and thanks to the OSM community some very good maps can be used and on the last weekend I followed a track successfully that had been put in by another member.

Cheers
Brett Russell