[talk-au] Coastline and beaches

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 20:55:34 GMT 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM, James Livingston
<lists at sunsetutopia.com> wrote:
> If in future we want to map both the low and high water marks, the
> obvious thing to do would be to use coastline for the low water mark,
> water=tidal[0] for the middle area, and beach/whatever for everything
> that's dry.

If you do it that way, then I think that would be fine. But I drastic
switch of natural=coastline to low tide mark is going to be throught
with problems, so another tag would be needed.

I still consider that tidal area part of the named beach, so it would
be nice to attach the name to it too. But in the end, I don't think it
really matters.