[talk-au] NSW Transport Data Exchange (TDX)

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:43:46 GMT 2013

On 22 January 2013 23:17, Michael Gratton <mike at vee.net> wrote:

> While stop/station locations infrequently change, routes do seem to come
> and go more frequently. It wouldn't be too hard for someone to run a
> process on a server somewhere to keep tabs on changes in the feed and
> update the map as needed, but it seems like some coordination there
> would be a good thing.

It raises the age old question, if we can't edit it, why put it in OSM?  If
each set of data is intended to overwrite the last, what do we do when
people change it?

It would be nice to see the data integrated with OSM as another "layer",
however from what Andrew was saying it is only a point to point graph, so
we can't get OSM style public transport routes from it, only stops.

Ian.