[talk-au] surface=unsealed in 4wd/dirt road tagging

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Wed Jul 3 08:33:00 UTC 2013

Brett, pretty nicely put, agree unreservedly !

Might add though, while we all see lots to do, OSM is already an
incredibly useful thing. I am currently travelling from Central Victoria
to Far North Queensland and relying on OSM pretty much exclusively. I'll
be hitting some interesting dirt roads and feel confident that I'll be fine!

Where I am heading was  not mapped on either OSM or Google but I could
quite easily get some approximation in to OSM via Bing and will refine
it when I am there. How good is that ?

David