[talk-au] Vicmap data released on data.gov.au

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 23:27:15 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been raised yet, but in the last week the
entire VicMap dataset was released on data.vic.gov.au under a
CC-Attribution 3.0 license. This includes the entire address [1],
roads [2], parcel boundaries [3], and administration boundaries [4]
for Victoria. I gather by
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attribution/data.gov.au_explicit_permission
that we're OK to use data from data.gov.au for OSM.

Does anyone know if this is still the case, and if so, how we could go
about getting this data into osm? I'm willing to do any hard work
required, but don't want to duplicate effort and first want to see if
there's already any ongoing discussion about this data release.

Regards,
Nyall Dawson

1. http://www.data.vic.gov.au/raw_data/address-vicmap-address/748
2. http://www.data.vic.gov.au/raw_data/road-network-vicmap-transport/4877