[talk-au] Vicmap data released on data.gov.au

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Jul 8 00:28:03 UTC 2013

All we need from them is a statement that "a notice associated with the
Produced Work reasonably calculated to make any Person that uses, views,
accesses, interacts with, or is otherwise exposed to the Produced Work aware
that Content was obtained from the Database, Derivative Database, or the
Database as part of a Collective Database, and that it is available under
this License" (ODbL 4.3) meets the requirements of a notice "reasonable to
the medium".

Basically, that the attribution required by the ODbL is enough. Some cities
have viewed CC BY's " reasonable to the medium" to mean every data source
needs to be credited directly on a web map.