[talk-au] Making Garmin IMG for Bushwalking - Insanity starts

kenself at optusnet.com.au kenself at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jul 9 06:47:49 UTC 2013

Check out http://www.cferrero.net/maps/maps_index.html
It got me to the point where I can make my own .IMG files

Cheers
  Brett Russell wrote:
  <snip>

  So I have been reading up on mkgmap and struck as usual the "standard" array of Wikipedia entries that go around in circles with the reader needing to make numerous assumptions and follow links and at the end of this maze either given up or some how figure out what needs to happen.  Then I stumbled across http://thebird.nl/tutorials/osm_garmin.html, that while for Linux, explains the concepts so light has started to dawn.
  <snip>