[talk-au] Fwd: Re: data.sa.gov.au

Alex Sims alex at softgrow.com
Thu Jul 25 06:18:43 UTC 2013

I've now obtained permission and recorded it at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#South_Australian_Government_data

This is really very helpful as it allows:
* at least a first pass for filling in "nonames" roads
* geo-referencing  Bing photos against property boundaries at least near
the CBD
* accurate Local Government and Suburb boundaries as opposed to ABS
approximations
* more bike lanes, playgrounds, fire stations, ambulance stations etc.
to be included

I followed a similar path to what was used for data.gov.au, and would
comment that the day to write seeking permission/clarification is today
as it takes a while, but the outcome is worth it.

Anyway I'm excited and quite pleased, just wish I had more time for mapping.

Alex