[talk-au] Alphanumerics in Northern Territory?

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Tue Jun 11 12:59:44 UTC 2013

I'm just about to start my OSM edits from my recent Central Australian trip. I noticed a few signs on the Stuart Highway between Alice Springs airport and Alice Springs that had the route number "A87" (and a brief glimpse of one that looked like "A1"!), yet all the other route numbers I saw on the Stuart Highway (between the Lasseter Highway at Erldunda and Churchills Head north of Tennant Creek) were national highway 87.

Does anyone know if these are mistakes, or if this route is going to be converted to alphanumeric soon? (i.e. is it too soon to change the route numbers?)

Mark P.