[talk-au] JOSM uploads past 2000 points

Brett Russell brussell237 at live.com.au
Tue Jun 25 01:09:18 UTC 2013

Hi

I am all to aware of the 2000 node limit with OSM but when using JOSM to create lakes as multipolygons from multiple ways it is easier to create the ways, link them a multipolygon relationship, tag properties and upload.  JOSM then creates a change set and gives five tries and fails so if you hit upload again it tries again.  Strangely if I use Polatch 2 to check I nearly always find the lake is added to OSM.  On at least one occasion JOSM uploaded the lake more than once.  In fact five times.  I have to exit JOSM and restart it to avoid the changeset wanting to endlessly upload,

Has anyone else experienced this issue.  Reading on the web suggests this is a common problem with some claiming a configuration setting in JOSM can eliminate this issue.

As usual any help would be appreciated as you can imagine it is frustrating when mapping large lakes.

Cheers

Brett