[talk-au] JOSM uploads past 2000 points

Brett Russell brussell237 at live.com.au
Tue Jun 25 03:43:23 UTC 2013

Hi Ross

Thanks for the info. I will give it a shot and look for the node count.

I have when creating a way found hovering back over it down the bottom of the screen it will tell me the nodes used.

What I have found if I create a way of say 1500 nodes and upload, then create another way of say the same number of nodes, and then upload and finally then create a multipolygon relationship and tag the properties and upload all works well. But if I do it in one step and then upload I strike the mentioned problem.   My worry is multiple uploads as they are a pain to find, edit and or remove.  Just want to keep OSM data a clean as possible and not corrupt the database.

From memory moving a large multipolygon lake in JOSM creates a similar problem. So I align lakes in Polatch 2 and all works well.

Finding JOSM very powerful but still very much a newbie with it.

Cheers
Brett Russell
PO Box 94
Launceston Tas. 7250