[talk-au] park vs nature reserve

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 13:02:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Andrew Elwell <andrew.elwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone point me to guidelines for where the .au distinction
> between the two lies?

Great question. For my part, I'm pretty lazy and just tag everything
as leisure=park, and hope that someone else will clean it up :) Within
cities, it will be hard to come up with clear guidelines to apply the
tags: nature reserves that are called "X park", parks that are called
"X reserve", parks that contain conservation reserves within them, and
vice versa.

There is some not-very-enlightening text here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Tagging_Guidelines#.28National.2C_State_etc.29_Parks

If you come up with any guidelines it would be great to document them there.

Steve