[talk-au] Using OSM Inspector

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 05:18:58 UTC 2013

Well OSMI takes a while to update sometimes.

However the history of the relations tells us that the ways that made up
the original relation were deleted, new ways were created and added to a
new relation.

This left an empty relation.  The existing relation may or may not have had
a bad geometry, I'm not going to bother checking it, but the new one you
have created appears perfectly fine.

In terms of mapping style, I guess that you removed the old ways that made
up the original relation in order to improve on them.  However, that left
an empty relation.  Empty relations are very easy to lose track of because
they have no location information left in them.  Personally I think there
should be a warning as you are removing the last object from a relation,
because it isn't something you really want to do.

Ian.