[talk-au] Alphanumeric references in NSW

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Fri May 3 05:07:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've noticed a few people are changing the references in NSW to the
alphanumeric references before the signage has changed.

I don't see the purpose of this.  I doesn't correspond to what is on the
ground, it must be confusing to people actually trying to use OSM for
navigation.  Also, given it is the RTA coordinate this, it wouldn't be
surprising if some of the routes actually differed from the proposed routes
on the webpage.

To the best of my knowledge the only route that has been re-referenced is
the B73, the others still retain their existing signage - with perhaps an
uncovered sign here and there.  I traced the

I'd suggest we can use the wiki to coordinate as these references change?
That way we can ensure the entire route is renamed at once, rather than a
patchwork?

Ian.
P.S. Of course there have been a few routes (M7, A31/M31 approaching
Albury) that have been this way for a while, and aren't at issue here.