[talk-au] Alphanumeric references in NSW

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Fri May 3 05:47:02 UTC 2013

Agreed.

I could see a strict "on-the-grounder" changing the ref for each road
section :-)

I've noticed Google Maps is using the A36 now for the Princes Hwy, but I've
only seen one sign at Rockdale, so I still think it is too early to change
the route in OSM, but I'm open to be convinced.

But I think using the wiki to coordinate when a particular route has been
referenced, and then we use old_ref to capture the previous route
referencing.  Currently when I use skobbler to do navigation its ugly
moving back and forth in references between the same road.

Ian.