[talk-au] Major 4WD tracks

David dbannon at internode.on.net
Fri May 10 05:00:27 UTC 2013

Li, do you mean to label specific 4wd tracks or to aggregate tracks together into a route ?

The former is, somewhat documented at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Roads_Tagging, while not widely agreed to, even here in Oz, no one has taken exception and it seems to be acceptable.

If its to aggregate tracks (ie ways) already in OSM into a route, I see no reason why we'd not just use the normal route tools. But maybe add a tag to indicate that the route is 4wd ?  Unfortunately, we don't have an official 4wd fine grained track tag the OSM renderers are willing to use. So, its up to you to choose to do either 4wd_only=yes or tracktype=? I'd suggest both !

Good luck !

David
.