[talk-au] Australia licence change redaction recovery..

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun May 26 12:26:34 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Ian Sergeant <inas66+osm at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, my summary would be that we've probably comprehensively remapped he
> motorways and trunk roads across the country.  We've got significantly more
> tracks, paths and residential/unclassified roads than we had before.  There
> would seem to be artifacts of extensive aerial remapping, with the lower
> percentage overall of named roads, and what I'm thinking could be a
> consequent tendency to underrate what passes for a secondary road in
> Australia.  I'd also attribute greater mapping outside of urban areas to the
> more extensive bing imagery coverage, and possibly the focus of the
> redaction process on urban areas.

Thanks very much for doing this - I've been quite curious about where
we're up to. I had guessed we were about on par - so this is good
news. I've been doing a fair bit of aerial mapping lately - not sure
whether remapping or not. I tend to be pretty conservative with road
classifications on a first pass. Later, I might look at the area and
upgrade a couple of the roads.

Steve