[talk-au] South Australia Suburb Boundries

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 08:31:04 UTC 2013

I did look through a few of the existing tools; but most fell into the too
hard basket. In the end, manually doing it via QGIS and exporting into the
right projection was fairly easy.

I've pushed to github what I've done; which is produce geojson & kml
serializations of it - I had assumed geojson.io would let me export easily
to OSM, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Example:
https://github.com/CloCkWeRX/data.sa.gov.au-suburb-boundaries/blob/master/suburbs/suburbs_0.geojson

Repo:
https://github.com/CloCkWeRX/data.sa.gov.au-suburb-boundaries/

Anyway, I'm more or less going to stop there, unless someone wants to do a
quick bit of geojson -> osm; with the appropriate tagging and shoot in a
pull request or two - I'll let others shepard it through the import process
and de-duplication.