[talk-au] Openstreetmap Quality Issues

stev391 at email.com stev391 at email.com
Tue Oct 22 03:22:15 UTC 2013

G'day Neil,

Steve, aka Steve91 here, if I have been one of the mappers that have caused issues with this intersection I apologies.

As for the source of nearmap, it must have been a copy and past error, from the adjacent section of the road. I use AGRI, Bing sat images and survey for areas already mapped. The history of the some sections of the offramp show the nearmap as a source tag going back to 10/05/10.

The intersection in question I do remember having a look at, but only for routing issues due to: disconnected ways, incorrect one-way road leading to islands, duplicate ways etc. (i.e. trying to improve the quality of the map, as per the comment on the changeset). I identify items for attention via OSM Inspector or the validator in JOSM. I don't believe I added the ways. It appears that I changed the 2 ways in question from 'track' to tertiary and may have reconnected one end of them.

If the intersection has been remodelled, as per the google earth imagery, then the sections of roads should not exist as 'track' and the ways should be removed. Also the onramp that is one way should be one way through the entire section, not have one way followed by bi-directional followed by one way.

I have no issues with you reverting the changes I made to the intersection, as long as the traffic routing is consistent along the ways.

Regards
Steve.