[talk-au] South Australia Suburb Boundries

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 23:59:11 UTC 2013

> @ Daniel, I can not upload this shape file because I do not have the
permissions to do so (and I don't even know how), there are strict
guidelines witch need to be completed
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines it's more of a formal
process. I don't know what to do from here. I was talk to some experts on
the #osm IRC channel and it is way over my head.

So, http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Shapefile#JOSM is the hol for
"look at shapefile, get 1-2 polygon from it and upload it"

If you do *one boundry* at a time, manually, and check, there's less of a
concern re automated imports.
If you do hundreds, yeah, that'll incur frowning.