[talk-au] What have they done to Polatch 2?

Brett Russell brussell237 at live.com.au
Tue Sep 3 06:13:24 UTC 2013

Hi
I occasionally use Polatch 2 nowadays for things that JOSM makes near impossible such as tracing in rivers it is very useful  But some unmentionable person has decided to change the rendering of lines so tracks are light brown so near invisible.  Yes I am now aware of the new editor that they think is wonderful "ID" but a friend can not stand it and in my sixty second play I can understand why!
Actually with JOSM is it possible to download a PBF file say of all of Australia rather than waste bandwidth downloading sections and finding the error of too much data.
Also can I save the Bing imagery to avoid reloading it.
And while on the subject can I easily allow JOSM more memory as it gets cranky and flakey on long editing sessions.
The reason is I am on a mobile phone internet access and limited data usage.
Also can I easily, a very relative term with JOSM, setup presets for something as simple as 4wd_only?
JOSM does  not recognize a lot of tags and this is painful.
Cheers Brett