[talk-au] ISP caching problems with JOSM ?

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Thu Sep 12 13:15:15 UTC 2013

Hi Ian,

The api.openstreetmap.org map data servers send "no-cache" headers and
proxy/caches should therefore NOT be caching the results...
But some ISPs are too aggressive with their caching.

Make sure JOSM is set to the default OSM server (there are 3rd party
caching API servers available):
JOSM -> Edit -> Preferences (shortcut: F12) -> Connection Settings
(World Icon) -> make sure: "User the default OSM server URL" is
checked.

I am happy to help diagnose the error with you.

Regards
 Grant