[talk-au] City of Melbourne data imports

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 03:54:14 UTC 2014

> One thing we could do is import some of their data into OSM. For example:
> - addresses

Addresses may be one of the more useful data sets, and you might want to
look at things like openaddresses.io as well - though I did open up a pull
request for VicMap data.

A similar import is
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue/NYC_Buildings_Addresses
 - speaking to folks on the imports list will be useful, as there are
undoubtedly lessons learned etc that are applicable.

If they have the data, building footprints are also pretty neat.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geelong_Building_Import is one I did a
few months ago - some of the geospatial team there are dead keen on open
data and would no doubt be happy to talk with their melbourne counterparts
as well.