[talk-au] Address tagging guidelines for Australia

Stéphane Guillou stephane.guillou at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 02:10:47 UTC 2014

Hi all

My first email to the list - I hope I am doing the right thing. If not,
let me know.

I was wondering why there wasn't any guidelines about tagging addresses
in Australia on the page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Tagging_Guidelines

It would be very helpful for newcomers to see a default tagging scheme
for addresses.

I came to this because I was asking myself:
- Are we using QLD or Queensland for addr:state?
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:state>
- What is our definition of suburb vs city for the tags? (e.g. The Gap
vs Brisbane. Postal addresses only contain "The Gap", and it is referred
as a suburb of Brisbane in spoken language, but does the tagging scheme
ask for The Gap as addr:city?)

Cheers

Stéphane (chtfn)