[talk-au] Highway=path

David Clark dbclark at fastmail.com.au
Mon Jun 2 23:42:56 UTC 2014

I probably should clarify, I'm really talking about paths that have
been tagged highway=path without including any other tags. I'm sure
with a bit of direction and encouragement people would include the
surface="what ever it is" tag.

If the mapper doesn't know the surface, then fair enough, leave it out.
But I think more often than not the mapper probably would know at least
enough to tag it "paved" or "dirt". It's a case of mapping what is
physically there, a rocky, rooty bushwalking trail for example should
be tagged differently to a concrete path that parents push a kiddies
pram along.

All the best,
David