[talk-au] Sydney - Hornsby section of 'Pacific Highway' to revert to old name

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 00:16:15 UTC 2014

On 27/06/2014 12:50 PM, Nilbog_aus wrote:
> I live local to this and have been following it in the local media too. Also
> I drive these streets most days.
>
> The RMS has stated (in a local paper I think) they have no immediate plans
> to rename George Street and Jersey Road to Pacific Highway but may in the
> future. The Pacific Highway main road route has followed George Street and
> Jersey Road for many years already.

I agree that the traffic has been using George Street and Jersey Road, instead of what was the official 'Pacific Highway'. And that is the way the routing indicates for them to go.

Ok .. from the wiki http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Names the tagalt_name  <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:alt_name>=*   could be used to indicate the route of the 'Pacific Highway' in this location? (and what non locals will be calling it looking at a large scale map (or OSM zoomed out)).

The 'old Pacific Highway' can also be tagged with old_name too.