[talk-au] Address tagging guidelines for Australia

stev391 at email.com stev391 at email.com
Thu Mar 13 03:07:45 UTC 2014

I have no strong views on the question regarding the use of addr:city, in the past I have utilised it in some areas and not in others as described in your email (sometimes I have put the suburb in the city tag, as it makes sense in areas, that I do not know are part of a greater city), due to the lack of guidance on applicability in Aus.

I am not familar of a current postcode boundary details, I tend to try and identify this information from what I can gather in the field, like addresses on menu's/pamphlets from restaraunts, shops, businesses, or another source is friends addresses in the area.

Agree that street and housenumber are the required tags, with others optional.

That is my 2 cents worth.
Stephen.