[talk-au] Proposed Data import - Queensland, Australia: Peaks and Mountains

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun May 4 16:51:43 UTC 2014

There are some quirks in the history of SRTM. One of them is that the
Australian government was the only body that got access to the high(er)
resolution data outside of the US, however I believe that was contingent
on a number of restrictions in use and I'm sure that it could not be
used in any public dataset. But even for the higher resolution dataset,
the accuracy that they are quoting is widely optimistic and surely only
correct for the  points that are actually on the SRTM grid (which most
of the peaks will not be).

Simon